Come work with us this summer (and maybe beyond)
This is a DREAM JOB for the right person. Spend your summer (May through September) working with an amazing company, a great team, awesome customers, and a supportive, fast paced and fun environment. Before you get too excited, please make sure you can answer YES to these questions:
- Can you work a lot of weekends throughout the summer? At least two full weekends per month.
- Are you passionate about customers and excited to help people have the adventure of their year?
- Are you amazing with details? Can you clean like a rock star?
- Can you remain calm and collected in the face of stress?
- Are you friendly and easy to get along with and work side by side with?
If you can answer yes! to those 5 then read on….
Peace Vans Rentals is seeking a key seasonal hire for our exciting, fun and dynamic classic VW Camper Van rental business this spring/summer. Our seasonal employee(s) are more than just seasonal employees – you get to be part of the Peace Vans family and play an integral role in helping people from the around the world have the vacation of a lifetime.
As a Seasonal Employee, the most important thing we are seeking is a time commitment. Our peak season (June through September, with a real peak July/August/September) can be intense and requires weekends and the occasional late night or early morning. You are also part of the front line support team which means dealing with the occasional customer text/phone call at odd hours (there’s at least 2-3 other people handling this as well).
If you can commit your summer (perhaps you’re a snowboarder and willing to work all summer?), the other main responsibilities include:
Prepping the vehicles for customer pick up
- o Detailing vans. Cleaning inside and outside.
- o Stocking with equipment. We pack awesome stuff for each trip.
- o Double checking all customer requests have been fulfilled (e.g they want a growler of local beer)
Checking in vans after rentals
- o Emptying vans out after returns. You get first pick of food they leave (often good stuff).
- o Cleaning all supplies that went out with the trip
- o Returning supplies to store room and restocking
- o Detail van and prepare for next renter
Customer Check in/Check out
- o Provide detailed orientation and amazing customer service to customers picking up
- o Answer all questions and intuit questions they might not have asked
- o Create a warm, fun, exciting start to their trip
o Assist in answering calls and texts from renters on the road. Often times it’s a simple “that’s fine, don’t worry about it”, but sometimes a situation requires quick thinking and coordination with the entire Peace Vans team to address.
Maintain store room and supplies
- o Keep an eye on all equipment and condition and re-order as necessary, rotating out old or worn items
- o Watch perishables and reorder restock as necessary
- o Laundry as necessary. We rent Linen Packages to about 40% of customers and this material needs to be laundered. We have laundry on site.
- o Keep all “kits” 100% full and ready to go at all times
The typical day will have a little from each category. Some days might be heavy dealing with the vans, somedays with customers. The job will ramp slowly in May and June and hit a pretty crazy peak in July/August/September and then wind back down in October.
- - Minimum commitment of May 1 through October 1.
- - Clean driving record
- - Ability to drive a manual transmission
- - Passion for the outdoors, camping and excellent customer service
- - Detail oriented
- - Professional demeanor and some previous customer service experience
- - Not required, but nice to have: social media passion, knowledge of the Pacific Northwest as a camping destination.
Perks of the job:
- $15/hour plus a bonus of up to 15% at the end of the season
- Occasional Van use for your own camping in the non-peak season. At least one van trip before the season gets crazy for you to learn the platform.
- Be surrounded by cool stuff all day long
- Help people have an amazing vacation
- Possible full time employment at the end of the season depending on experience
Contact us to learn more. Your first test is to figure out how to contact us.